Search found 119 matches

by mkracker
Wed May 25, 2016 8:15 am
Forum: PATSTAT Product Line
Topic: Availability time-series patents and citations
Replies: 1
Views: 1166

Re: Availability time-series patents and citations

Sorry to hear that a colleague of mine has given you the wrong answer. PATSTAT can answer your questions. Actually, it has been designed for exactly these types of information needs. Please note that PATSTAT is not a database which contains ready-made statistics, but provides the data structured in ...
by mkracker
Tue May 24, 2016 1:56 pm
Topic: Make a Patstat query based on publication numbers
Replies: 2
Views: 1591

Re: Make a Patstat query based on publication numbers

A simple way to do this is to concatenate the PUBLN_AUTH and the PUBLN_NR before doing the comparison. In T-SQL (MS SQL Server) this would look like this: select* from tls211_pat_publn where publn_auth + publn_nr = 'WO2014198277' Please note that you will not find publication US2016138562 in the cur...
by mkracker
Tue May 24, 2016 12:35 pm
Topic: when will PATSTAT Online Spring 2016 edition be online?
Views: 1219

Re: when will PATSTAT Online Spring 2016 edition be online?

It is foreseen that we in the PATSTAT team receive a first version of PATSTAT Online which contains the 2016 Spring data next week for test. Usually 2-3 test cycles need to be done, so I aim at making this version available for the users end of June. You mentioned that you need to compare your analy...
by mkracker
Fri May 20, 2016 8:56 pm
Topic: Same PATSAT version & query, different values?
Views: 1478

Re: Same PATSAT version & query, different values?

Hi Alfonso, I suppose you are using PATSTAT Online, so we are all working on the same data. I tried to reproduce your example of Y02E 10/1 Geothermal energy, because there you gave specific numbers: I used this query for the 2015 Autumn Edition: SELECT DISTINCT t.earliest_filing_year, t.nb_citing_do...
by mkracker
Wed May 11, 2016 3:33 pm
Topic: Updated SQL Self Study Course for PATSTAT
Replies: 0
Views: 1174

Updated SQL Self Study Course for PATSTAT

If you are a beginner or not so familiar with SQL, I want to point you to the PATSTAT SQL Self Study Course which has been updated recently. Starting from zero, it presents the most frequently used concepts of SQL. All examples are based on PATSTAT and can be directly copied&pasted into PATSTAT ...
by mkracker
Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:11 am
Topic: Connections in Logical model diagram
Views: 1187

Re: Connections in Logical model diagram

Thank you for pointing this out. I will clarify that in the Data Catalog accordingly. Table REG108_APPLICANT_STATES contains additional information about applicants only, not about inventors or representatives. So it can only be sensibly joined with the applicants in table REG107_PARTIES. Applicants...
by mkracker
Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:55 pm
Topic: Help with CPC
Replies: 4
Views: 7224

Re: Help with CPC

I copied your query and just made sure that there are 2 spaces between the CPC subclass part 'B60L' and the CPC subgroup part '11/1881'. Then the query returned 24 991 rows in the PATSTAT 2015 Autumn Edition. select tls201_appln.appln_id, appln_auth, appln_nr, appln_kind, appln_filing_date, granted,...
by mkracker
Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:19 pm
Topic: PATSTAT Subscription Question
Replies: 8
Views: 3655

Re: PATSTAT Subscription Question

Your colleague is right. For example see some publications with granting effect (publn_first_grant = 1) from Switzerland: select top 10 * from tls211_pat_publn where publn_first_grant = 1 and publn_auth = 'CH' -- just as an example The publication date of publications with granting effect correspond...
by mkracker
Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:19 pm
Topic: Inventor sequence number pre-2005
Views: 1643

Re: Inventor sequence number pre-2005

In case of multiple inventors, the inventors are printed on the publication in some order. Whether this order carries any business significance, is up to the publishing office. Nevertheless, PATSTAT retains this order information by assigning sequence numbers to these inventors (cf. tables TLS207_PE...
by mkracker
Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:11 am
Topic: Question about search for IPC_class_symbol
Replies: 2
Views: 2024

Re: Question about search for IPC_class_symbol

IPC as well as CPC symbols in PATSTAT are formatted according to WIPO standard ST.8. In ST.8 the main group always has 4 characters, consisting of a right aligned number and leading blanks to fill up the 4 positions. So when searching for IPC symbol B60L7/10 you must add 3 spaces, because the main g...