Any experience upgrading from 3.20 to 4.00 yet?

Ckral

Any experience upgrading from 3.20 to 4.00 yet?

Post by Ckral » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:04 am

It is awfully quiet in this forum regarding there was such a major release recently. I am hesitant upgrading to a "0"-release number at the moment, so I'd like to hear from people that did this already and upgraded their network version from 3.20 to 4.00.

Also Mr. Westhuess and all the other QA folks in here, are there any helpdesk reports or known problems with the new version?

Kind regards,

Omega

Re: Any experience upgrading from 3.20 to 4.00 yet?

Post by Omega » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:52 am

We did not upgrade an exisiting Version, but installed V4 on a new Server and migrated our Adressbook.
So far (after 20 applications) we had minor Problems with Annex-F-Conformity which were solved by using a different PDF-Converter for that case. The Client still had a Problem with Non-Admin-Users regarding access to the configuration-file after installation.
I wouldn't call this a "0"-Release since the parts you see a close to 3.20.

twesthues

Post by twesthues » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:00 pm

I can only emphasize the amount of prior testing that we've put into it (definitely more than for the EPC2000 introduction where time pressure was an overall issue). So there should be no real blocking issues.

However, incidentally, we are aware now of one issue with respect to the use of upgraded templates of PCT/RO101 from 3.20 to 4.00 not working correctly. :|

We are looking into the issue and hope to fix it together with a necessary update of the PCT/RO101 plug-in to be in line with recent changes of PCT-SAFE - due in the coming weeks. :wink:

But there are more arguments for upgrading to v4 apart from fixes and some new features (such as the introduction of an internal fee sheet), any further update, such as the PCT plug-in mentioned, will only be made available for v4.

Our support has not received many issues to date. Most are around the user rights (must have writting access to the thin client installation path).

I'm happy to see more reports on the experiences made so far on v4.

Thorsten
at your service for the EPO Online Services Team!

Omega

Post by Omega » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:28 pm

[quote]However, incidentally, we are aware now of one issue with respect to the use of upgraded templates of PCT/RO101 from 3.20 to 4.00 not working correctly. :| [/quote]

Could you tell us more about that issue ?

Thanks.

Omega

Post by Omega » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:24 pm

We currently have an issue with annex-f.
When the PDF (created from Word) contains pages (figures, tables) in Landscape-Mode, the PDF can no longer be attached. Amyuni seems not to turn the pages to portrait.

How do others handle this ?

twesthues

Post by twesthues » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:50 pm

1. the issue concerning the PCT templates:
  • the use of customized templates of PCT/RO101 templates appears to result in incomplete file sets as the system does not render the necessary PDFs - we have contradicting reports about the exact circumstances and this issue is being investigated
2. the annex-f issue - landscape orientation not accepted
  • with the next PCT update - the EPO will also make a new version of Amyuni available that will solve this issue - there is however, no obligation to use Amyuni and other PDF converters, free or commercial, can be configured in order to achieve the annex-f compatibility
    I'm personally a bit unsure about this change in behaviour and need to discuss it as I'm not fully aware of the background to this change - I'll post any new insight as soon as I can.
Kind regards,
Thorsten
at your service for the EPO Online Services Team!

Tiemroth

Post by Tiemroth » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:27 pm

Omega wrote:We did not upgrade an exisiting Version, but installed V4 on a new Server and migrated our Adressbook.
So far (after 20 applications) we had minor Problems with Annex-F-Conformity which were solved by using a different PDF-Converter for that case. The Client still had a Problem with Non-Admin-Users regarding access to the configuration-file after installation.
I wouldn't call this a "0"-Release since the parts you see a close to 3.20.

Hi Omega
How did you manage to migrate the address book, We did a export from the old server, and are trying to import the .csv to the new - the data it´s there, it´s just not visible, if i do a export from the new server after the import all the data is there! ... frustrating as He..

Br
kenneth

bauditz

Post by bauditz » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:41 pm

Hi Tiemroth
Did you manage to solve the problem concerning the invisible address book? We have experienced exactly the same problem after installing V4 on a new server computer running WinXP :( . It's not even possible to delete the (invisible) entries in the address book.

BR Peter

Tiemroth

Post by Tiemroth » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:42 pm

Hi Peter
I'm sorry to say but No.
luckily we have our EPO installed on a virtual server (the guy we talked to from EPO support, closed our ticket be course they do not support EPO on virtual machines??) anyway we had to snapshot back to version 3.80
we then checked if the new version 4.00 thin client were able to connect to the old server ver. 3.80, - everything looked fine, but people were not able to sign any forms to EPO. a "the_receiving_office_server_certificate_used _to establish_a_connection_is_not_trusted" error occurred
We then had to uninstall thin client 4 and install the old thin client again - now all is good.
also when using version 4.00 we experienced the The_PDF_file_you_tried_to_attach_does_not_comply_with_Annex_F_standard._PDF_pages_format_does_not
_comply_with_format_A4
error,- this i think is connected with the Amyuni PDF Converter, aparently there is a version 3.03 that might fix this,
PDF files created with Amyuni 3.03 can be added to international applications.
but i don't know where to download this, it might be in the July 2008 PCT update?

so, we're not upgrading anything before EPO forces us to.

We did not plan to upgrade now, but after a ip change on the server we were not able to create a new application from forms (EP1001E2k,EP1038E .. ..), also here we had to revert back to the old setting - and again no help from EPO since apparently they do not support EPO on vmware

Best of luck

kenneth

Omega

Post by Omega » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:00 pm

Hi !

Sorry to say, that we did nothing special when importing the adressbook.

The Epoline 4.00 has an issue with landscaped PDF-Files.
Using Amyuni 3.03 had other issues, filing was not possible since Epoline could not extract text from the Abstract and so filing was denied (PCT-Only ?).

I don't see that Epoline on VMware would make a difference.
We use Epoline-Server on VMware and clients on Citrix (which is also not supported).

And because of the Terminal-Servers we wanted to move to 64bit-OS, which is not supported cause the drivers are missing.

Next Year Windows Server 2008 R2 will be 64bit only :-(