Are you familiar with Y02 / Y04S ?

Here you can post your opinions, ask questions and share experiences on the PATSTAT product line. Please always indicate the PATSTAT edition (e.g. 2015 Autumn Edition) and the database (e.g. PATSTAT Online, MySQL, MS SQL Server, ...) you are using.

Geert Boedt

Post by Geert Boedt » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:21 pm

If you are a user of the classification scheme Y02 (mitigation/adaptation against climate change) or Y04S (Smart grids), we kindly invite you to participate in a short survey.
It will only take a few minutes of your time and your answers will help us to improve the scheme further.

You can complete the survey in English, German or French language.

Kind regards,

The PATSTAT team
EPO-Vienna
Best regards,

Geert Boedt
PATSTAT support
Business Use of Patent Information
EPO Vienna

nico.rasters

Re: Are you familiar with Y02 / Y04S ?

Post by nico.rasters » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:20 pm

I don't understand the question "The geographical coverage of relevant countries is excellent".
What are relevant countries? Relevant for me? Relevant for the technology? As for the coverage, suppose only five countries in the world are patenting in wind energy, does that mean the geographical coverage is poor? Or is the coverage excellent if PATSTAT contains all of those countries? However, I can not know if the coverage is poor or excellent if my only source is PATSTAT.

Daigu Academic Services & Data Stewardship
http://www.daigu.nl/

Geert Boedt

Re: Are you familiar with Y02 / Y04S ?

Post by Geert Boedt » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:22 am

Dear Nico,

The team that analyses the survey has provided me with the following clarification. (as this is not really PATSTAT related). They will also contact you by e-mail.
Best regards,
Geert BOEDT
PATSTAT customer support

Thank you for your comment. What we meant to ask was whether users regarded the geographical coverage of countries to be excellent/poor. By asking our users their opinion on the geographical coverage we are trying to assess whether they consider that the patent documentation tagged under the Y02/Y04S has a wide or limited geographical distribution and whether this is consistent across time; there may be users, notably in the area of policy-making, searching across all regions to find out whether CCMTs are widely patented or not.

Finally, if you are aware of any jurisdictions where CCMT patenting activity is taking place but not being reflected in Y02/Y04S documentation in PATSTAT, we would kindly ask you to specify these regions in the open field of Q10.
I hope this answers your questions.
Best regards,

Geert Boedt
PATSTAT support
Business Use of Patent Information
EPO Vienna