No votes
No.
100%

Total votes: 5

twesthues

[b]PDF generation in MS Windows 98SE leads to formulae er

Post by twesthues » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:36 am

PLEASE NOTE :!:

If you are still using MS Windows 98SE and you generate PDFs from MS Word (97 or 2000) from documents containing the symbol font (usually the case with mathematical formulae i.e. via the math editor) - the resulting PDF lacks the embedding of this font and hence, any formulae appear wrong. :oops:

If you do not spot this when attaching and signing the online filing submission - the submission will include the wrong formulae. These problems do not seem to occur in Windows NT, 2000 or XP.

I would recommend to not use Windows 98SE for such cases if possible or to at least use a different system to create the PDF.

We are looking into the matter to see whether this problem can be overcome or whether perhaps the support for MS Windows 98SE needs to be stopped altogether.

Thorsten Westhues (epoline QA)
at your service for the EPO Online Services Team!

alexthurgood

Re: [b]PDF generation in MS Windows 98SE leads to formulae e

Post by alexthurgood » Tue May 30, 2006 10:59 am

twesthues wrote:PLEASE NOTE :!:

We are looking into the matter to see whether this problem can be overcome or whether perhaps the support for MS Windows 98SE needs to be stopped altogether.

Thorsten Westhues (epoline QA)
Hi Thorsten,

Well you don't seem to have had too many replies here, but Win98SE is still alive and kicking in France. Microsoft has even reintroduced support for it, after having initially dropped it.

My question would be the following, and perhaps I should open a new thread :

Does the software provided now produce Adobe 1.3 specification or greater compliant PDF documents ? There was a time when many of the PDFs produced weren't actually spec compliant, has this issue been resolved ?

Alex