Best time of day

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

alanambrose

Best time of day

Post by alanambrose » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:44 pm

p.s. in a similar vein to my last post - if you guys can tell us the best and worst times of day to access the service, we can try to schedule our work accordingly. For instance, it seemed to me last week that early Friday evening was v. busy. I was guessing you were doing backups - but that's only my imaginative interpretation of the runes of the throttling responses :)

Alan

EPO / OPS Support

Re: Best time of day

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:35 pm

It's impossible to say when is the best time and even if there would be one it probably won't be the best for long :-).

The thing is that we cater to users in all time zones and even internally, we are huge office with 7000 employees and there have all sorts of processes, planned and ad-hoc that are going on all the time and even on weekends. Unregistered users also have to fight for data with spammers and robots from all over the globe that constantlly attack our systems with xxx-number of IP's to grab as much data as they can if they need it or not. We have huge problems with automated attacks on all our systems and we are having very hard time controlling the situation, usually on account of our real users, by blocking ranges of IP's or limiting access to data. But unfortunatlly, we have no other choice because systems like Espacenet and OPS access you are using are open to all without regitration.

Yet another reason why all serious users of OPS should register and use their either paying or free of charge account credentials.

Kind regards,
OPS support