Can i file by sending the 1001 with an email

dk77

Can i file by sending the 1001 with an email

Post by dk77 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:13 pm

Can I file a European Patent application by sending the documents as pdf documents, sending an email ?

if yes - which email address to use ?

Further, Is there special procedure to file from a PCT ?

1001 formula section 5, what to fill in if I dont request for an examinantion now, but later ?

1001 formula section 25, if filing a PCT, is it sufficinet to list the PCT priorities or also the patent in the PCT ?

I want to fill with an emendment with reduced claims, what is the procedure to follow in order the fee is calculated on the admendemnt and not on the original PCT ?

I thank you very much for your help on this.

Kelly Hill

Re: Can i file by sending the 1001 with an email

Post by Kelly Hill » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:21 pm

It is not possible to file by email.

regards

Kelly
Kelly Hill

twesthues

Post by twesthues » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:25 pm

Dear dk77,

this forum is not the right place to give legal advice or to replace legal professionals. You will find all the answers to your question in http://www.epo.org/patents/Grant-proced ... cants.html

As Kelly pointed out - there is no e-mail submission for applications at the EPO - instead a standardized online filing system exist which requires the provision of a smartcard e.g. issued by the EPO and, at present, the installation of a software to enable to file an application online - you'll find an abundance of information in the documentation section of the download centre of http://www.epoline.org.

From a PCT application - one uses form EP1200 to enter the European/Regional Phase - at this stage you can attach amendments, ideally by submitting a new set of claims, the number of claims and pages of the overal set of technical documents will then be counted for the fees - please see the notes to form EP1200.
http://documents.epo.org/projects/babyl ... _09_en.pdf

I hope this helps - but as I said, this does not replace any proper legal advice by a skilled IP professional.

Thorsten
at your service for the EPO Online Services Team!

johnlee

Post by johnlee » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:10 am

dk77 wrote:Can I file a European Patent application by sending the documents as pdf documents, sending an email ?

if yes - which email address to use ?

Further, Is there special procedure to file from a PCT ?

1001 formula section 5, what to fill in if I dont request for an examinantion now, but later ?

1001 formula section 25, if filing a PCT, is it sufficinet to list the PCT priorities or also the patent in the PCT ?

I want to fill with an emendment with reduced claims, what is the procedure to follow in order the fee is calculated on the admendemnt and not on the original PCT ?

I thank you very much for your help on this.
yeah that's right I actually done this before, i can send larger file up to 100mb, great!