Cannot add most integrations on Okta

Here you can find announcements regarding the EPO's patent information products and services, events and activities.

Please also feel free to ask questions and share information on general patent information matters.

Likith

Cannot add most integrations on Okta

Post by Likith » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:32 am

My company created an okta account, I have admin permissions.

When I try to add a new app within my okta dashboard, I cannot find an official integration (like AWS ClientVPN SAML), I couldn't find many other official integrations.

I then tried adding it through [url]okta[/https://hkrtrainings.com/okta-training] website, but when I go to aws vpnclient page, I only have the option 'Try Okta ', for some other integrations (eg. salesforce) I have the option to click 'Add Integration'.

What could possibly be the problem ?
Last edited by Likith on Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

EPO / OPS Support

Re: Cannot add most integrations on Okta

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:59 pm

Hi,

Can I suggest that you send this request to support@epo.org instead? Colleagues in charge of Okta authentication at the EPO are not a part of any discussion forum and will not have a chance to reply to you.

Regards
Vesna for Bulk data and OPS user support

Martinadu

Post by Martinadu » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:11 pm

This looks like you are using OKTA, and as you say, trying to add an application. We are the EPO, and and just users NOT the developers or the publishers. Please contact the OKTA company directly. We only help users of the EPO web based applications where the OKTA security system is being used.

Martin

Installations

Likith wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:32 am
My company created an okta account, I have admin permissions.

When I try to add a new app within my okta dashboard, I cannot find an official integration (like AWS ClientVPN SAML), I couldn't find many other official integrations.

I then tried adding it through [url]okta[/https://hkrtrainings.com/okta-training] website, but when I go to aws vpnclient page, I only have the option 'Try Okta ', for some other integrations (eg. salesforce) I have the option to click 'Add Integration'.

What could possibly be the problem ?

Charlesjoy

Post by Charlesjoy » Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:53 am

I just want to say that After the app integration is added to the Okta org, app admins can configure and assign user access to the app integrations for which they are responsible. The admin must be signed in to the Okta Admin Console. In the Admin Console, go to Applications > Applications. Click Browse App Catalog.

drew

Post by drew » Mon May 22, 2023 1:40 pm

Any kind of third-party integration on Okta cannot be added. Employee access to enterprise apps and data is monitored and managed by the identity and access management system Okta[/https://cloudfoundation.com/blog/what-i ... e-of-okta/]. It cannot act as a link between other programmes because it is not intended to integrate with them.

kritishah

Post by kritishah » Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:12 pm

Hello

The problem could be that the specific integration you're looking for, like AWS ClientVPN SAML, may not have an official integration available in Okta at this time. Alternatively, there may be specific limitations or requirements for integrating with certain applications.
Last edited by kritishah on Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.