Certain Designated States Only -

Florence

Certain Designated States Only -

Post by Florence » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:28 pm

Hi ,
We use a Template to File our PCT applications where for our French company, we have selected the following :
Certain Designated States Only
and Madagascar is the only selected country.

A colleague used this Template to submit an application, and when the PCT Form 301 was received, it indicated that, ALL DESIGNATED STATES were selected.

Although we initially assumed that the colleague had made an error using the Template, it seems that this is not the first time we have met this issue, and so since we can find no error in the template, we wonder if there is not a technical problem here.

Thank you for your help.

Have a nice day,
Florence
Flo

twesthues

Re: Certain Designated States Only -

Post by twesthues » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:46 pm

Hi Flo,

in order to fully assess the issue, are these only PCT/FR submissions or PCT/EP submission? Can you give any specific PCT application number so that I can investigate the details of your submission i.e. if the Madagascar only selection is actually in your submission.

Thanks,
Thorsten
at your service for the EPO Online Services Team!

Florence

Post by Florence » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:19 pm

Hi Thorsten,
Thanks for your quick reply, here is the application Number : EP2009/065023 filed on 12-nov.-2009.
Cheers
Flo
Flo

twesthues

Post by twesthues » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:41 pm

Hi Flo,

I noticed that there was no indication of 'Madagascar only' on any of the applicants - I assume that "III-1-2 Applicant for" should have been 'MD' instead of 'all designation states'. I tested v4 and future v5 as to whether or not the template would work - and it generally works fine with me.

The only possible source of error I could imagine is the fact that if the user switches between the radio buttons 'legal person'/'natural person' or ticks the option 'this person is also inventor' - the designation state selection changes inadvertedly - hence, the user must take care that the designation is kept i.e. when moved back to 'Certain Designation States Only' - Madagascar is still there as a selection.

In general, when looking through the PDF before signing or at any intermediate stage, the intended designation should be clearly visible on the PDF form.

In conclusion, not a general technical problem but a not very nicely behaving GUI - any changes to this should be addressed to WIPO directly.

I hope this helps,
Thorsten
at your service for the EPO Online Services Team!

Florence

Post by Florence » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:30 am

Thank you Thorsten for your investigation.
I forward your comment to the Team.
Have a nice day !
Flo
Flo