Changes in querying the services using the API console?

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

kamon

Changes in querying the services using the API console?

Post by kamon » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:46 pm

Hi all,

I noticed a change in the interface for calling the web services via the console, compared to when I tested this morning.

I am getting an error but what is more important is, it is not clear how to pass the schema and the values needed for the request body to be sent in text/plain.

The curl command generated was:
curl -X POST --header "Authorization: Bearer THE AUTH BEARER" --header "Content-Type: text/plain" -d "EP1672821" "http://ops.epo.org/3.2/rest-services/pu ... escription"

And I got a response with:
<fault xmlns="http://ops.epo.org">
<code>SERVER.EntityNotFound</code>
<message>No results found</message>
</fault>

I also tried number=EP1672821 using the text field provided for specifying values and the error was more an interpratation / parsing error so the request could not lead to anywhere.

Any thoughts?
Others more lucky with this?

Regards,
Kamon

EPO / OPS Support

Re: Changes in querying the services using the API console?

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:21 am

Hi,

I am not sure what you mean - I see no change ion interface at all (see image below),
EP_description.JPG
Or do you mean POST? But that one didn't change either
POST.JPG

Regards,
OPS support

kamon

Re: Changes in querying the services using the API console?

Post by kamon » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:53 pm

Sorry, I get it now.
I had just confused both entries from the main page. It's the GET one I was looking for.

-- Kamon