citation,referencing & copyrights

Here you can post your opinions, ask questions and share information regarding the following services:
European Publication Server (EPO's official publication platform), EP Bulletin search and EP full-text search (Searching procedural data and the full text of EP A and B documents via the "Patent information services for experts" user interface).

blue & green

citation,referencing & copyrights

Post by blue & green » Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:13 pm

I found the answers to my queries and request this thread to be removed.
Thanks

Regards
blue
Last edited by blue & green on Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EPO / EPAL Team

Re: citation,referencing & copyrights

Post by EPO / EPAL Team » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:25 am

The European Patent Guide describes in details how to request a European patent. (see link below. At the bottom of the page, click on Additional information and choose the format of your choice).

Section 4.2.007 reads: the description must indicate the background art of which you are aware, to the extent that it is useful for understanding the invention, preferably citing source documents reflecting such art. This applies in particular to the background art corresponding to the prior art portion of the independent claims. Source document citations must be sufficiently complete to be verifiable: patent specifications by country and number; books by author, title, publisher, edition, place and year of publication and page numbers; periodicals by title, year, issue and page numbers.

https://www.epo.org/shop/en/Books/Legal ... de/p/41792

McFadden

Post by McFadden » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:51 am

You may only use copyrighted material as the law allows and must clearly cite the source; otherwise, you could be subject to a fine. If you are using copyrighted material in your business, such as part of a training manual or a company brochure, be sure you use and cite it properly.

blue & green

Post by blue & green » Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:20 pm

I found the answers to my queries and request this thread to be removed.
Thanks

Regards
blue