claims/description retrieval with OPS

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

mtani

claims/description retrieval with OPS

Post by mtani » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:35 am

Dear Customer Support

I am trying to retrieve claims and description of patent using OPS API.
Let's take patent "US5976297A" for instance, I can see claims/description of this particular patent on Espacenet, however if I make a request with OPS, I have following errors respectively.

(In case request endpoint is set to "claims")
HTTPError: 404 Client Error: Not Found for url: https://ops.epo.org/3.2/rest-services/p ... cdb/claims

(In case request endpoint is set to "description")
HTTPError: 404 Client Error: Not Found for url: https://ops.epo.org/3.2/rest-services/p ... escription

Are Espacenet and OPS using same set of data?

Best regards
M.Tani

EPO / OPS Support

Re: claims/description retrieval with OPS

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:35 am

Hi,

If you look at posting that we've published under Announcements in this forum you will see that we don't offer full-text (claims/descriptions) of US data via OPS :- ops-extends-data-coverage-for-character ... tions-7833

OPS and Espacenet have same biblio, families, citation, legal status and image full-text data but not same character-coded full-text coverage. The reason for discrepancy in character-coded full-text is that we need permission from respective office to distribute their data but at this point in time we only have permission for 19 countries listed in the mentioned thread.

Regards,
Vesna for OPS