Claims not found

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

heltime

Claims not found

Post by heltime » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:54 pm

Hi i am trying to retrieve PDF claims for a set of publications and I notice that claims are missing (request returns 404) for some.

Example: DE102019113785A1

Claims for this publication are found on Espacenet, and it was my understanding that it uses the same database as OPS. Is my request (http://ops.epo.org/rest-services/publis ... 5A1/claims) incorrectly formed, or are there difference between data of OPS and Espacenet?

EPO / OPS Support

Re: Claims not found

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:06 am

Hi,

I can download PDF of that DE document with no issues, see here:
Capture-de.PNG
But you cannot get XML DE claims from OPS because those are not part of 30 collections that we are allowed to display (and you can download) via OPS. If you look in to Announcement section of this forum you will find post with all 30 XML character-coded XML full text collections (description and or claims) that you can download via OPS.

PDF's (image full text) records are same in OPS and Espacenet but as far as XML we only have 30 collections and Espacenet has more.
Please note that any third party software or automated download from Espacenet is not allowed. Your IP can get permanently backlisted on Espacenet (Classic or New)

DE full text you can get via API from DPMA directly, at this point in time we are unfortunately not allowed to offer this collection via OPS.

Espacenet indeed uses OPS form most data in the background but some data are filtered out because we are not allowed to show it in certain tools

Regards,
Vesna for OPS support

heltime

Post by heltime » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:31 am

Thanks! I was under the false assumption the US and DE claims would be available as the publications were.

EPO / OPS Support

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:16 pm

No,not US or DE.

Regards,
Vesna for OPS support