Company Search

Here you can post your opinions, ask questions and share information regarding the following services:
European Publication Server (EPO's official publication platform), EP Bulletin search and EP full-text search (Searching procedural data and the full text of EP A and B documents via the "Patent information services for experts" user interface).

Boutheina

Company Search

Post by Boutheina » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:22 am

Hello,
I thank you for the quality of the search you offer, otherwise, I would like to notify that I have noticed, that the patents recovered from Justia for a search of a competitor name are much more numerous than those obtained from Espacenet, even if the publication years are recent (the results are 17 vs 12), is there any explanation/ solution?
Thank you for your collaboration.
Best regards,

EPO / EPAL Team

Re: Company Search

Post by EPO / EPAL Team » Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:55 pm

Dear Boutheina,

One possible reason is that an Espacenet result list item is a selected publication representing a patent family, i.e. an Espacenet result list does not show all publications of all patent families - a patent family being basically one invention filed and published by a number of patent offices.

For example: pa = "APPLIED MATERIALS" returns today 16.978 patent families corresponding to a total of 73.459 publications as visible in this screenshot:

searchResult.png

User support