cql query to return total-result-count

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

gfrehywot@gmail.com

cql query to return total-result-count

Post by gfrehywot@gmail.com » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:46 pm

Hi,
I am a new OPS user. I wanted to know if there is a cql query I can use to get just the value of the total-result-count attribute for a given OPS bibliographic search. For example, the following request (http://ops.epo.org/3.1/rest-services/pu ... 2008110611) elicits a response that indicates the total-result-count is 72. Is there a cql query I can use to get just this total-result-count without having to download the entire xml response and then parse?

Thank you.
gojeb

EPO / OPS Support

Re: cql query to return total-result-count

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:12 pm

Hi,

No, this is the only indication we offer, but even here you need to be careful because as soon we have a response with over 10000 results the OPS will show only total-result-count 10000.

Regards,
OPS support