Date of opposition outcome

Here you can post your opinions, ask questions and share experiences on the PATSTAT product line. Please always indicate the PATSTAT edition (e.g. 2015 Autumn Edition) and the database (e.g. PATSTAT Online, MySQL, MS SQL Server, ...) you are using.

Elisa_D

Date of opposition outcome

Post by Elisa_D » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:37 pm

Dear Community,
I have a question for you. In which patstat table and with which connections among tables can I find the date of the opposition's outcome? I know that from table REG101_appln I can retrive the outcome of the opposition in the variable status, but I'm having trouble in deriving the date relative to that status or, at least, the year of dispatch.
Thank you so much for your amazing work and help.
Elisa

eliminatehair

Re: Date of opposition outcome

Post by eliminatehair » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:19 am

I wonder if you have found the answer yet? I also have similar questions. If you already have the answer, please let me know

Elisa_D

Post by Elisa_D » Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:51 am

Dear Eliminatehair,
I do not have a practical solution yet. I mediated the problem by searching each patent (one by one :cry: ) on the EP register in order to find the outcome date. It is okay if you have a small sample, otherwise it is a bit time consuming.
Hope this can help you.
My best wishes
Elisa

Kimbermoore2

Post by Kimbermoore2 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:21 pm

Elisa_D wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:37 pm
Dear Community,
I have a question for you. In which patstat table and with which connections among tables can I find the date of the opposition's outcome? I know that from table REG101_appln I can retrive the outcome of the opposition in the variable status, but I'm having trouble in deriving the date relative to that status or, at least, the year of dispatch.
Thank you so much for your amazing work and help.
Elisa
The opposition outcome date can be found in the EP_FULLTEXT table in Patstat. Specifically, the opposition outcome date is recorded in the field "OPPONENT_OBSERVATION_PUBLICATION_DATE" for oppositions that were filed by a third party. For oppositions filed by the applicant, the outcome date can be found in the field "OPPOSITION_DECISION_DATE".

To link the EP_FULLTEXT table with the REG101_APPLN table, you can use the "PUBLN_AUTH" and "PUBLN_NR" fields in the EP_FULLTEXT table to match with the "PUBLN_AUTH" and "PUBLN_NR" fields in the REG101_APPLN table. This will allow you to retrieve information about the application, including the opposition status, as well as the outcome date of the opposition.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

gothicsocial

Post by gothicsocial » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:14 am

eliminatehair wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:19 am
I wonder if you have found the answer yet? I also have similar questions. If you already have the answer, please let me know
Hi
At this time, I do not have a workable answer. I found a solution by querying the EP register for the outcome date of each patent. It's not too bad if you're working with a small sample size, but it can get tedious otherwise.