docdb biblio - unusual behavior

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s raw data subscription products such as 14.7 DOCDB - worldwide bibliographic master database, 14.11 Worldwide legal status (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text in XML, 14.1 EBD and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.
Post Reply

jalipert
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:16 am

docdb biblio - unusual behavior

Post by jalipert » Tue May 08, 2018 3:30 pm

Hi,

I noticed some unusual behavior with the docdb biblio endpoint.

If I query the following two patents together:
JP.H0678863.U
JP.H088451.Y2

The response opens with a status="not found" result, followed by the correct response for each of the two patents:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="/3.2/style/exchange.xsl"?>
<ops:world-patent-data xmlns="http://www.epo.org/exchange" xmlns:ops="http://ops.epo.org" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">
    <exchange-documents>
        <exchange-document system="ops.epo.org" country="JP" doc-number="H0678863" kind="U" status="not found">
            <bibliographic-data>
                <publication-reference>
                    <document-id document-id-type="docdb">
                        <country>JP</country>
                        <doc-number>H0678863</doc-number>
                        <kind>U</kind>
                    </document-id>
                </publication-reference>
                <parties/>
            </bibliographic-data>
        </exchange-document>
        <exchange-document system="ops.epo.org" family-id="12112381" country="JP" doc-number="H0678863" kind="U">
            <bibliographic-data>
            ...
            
But if I query each of those two patents individually, or grouped with other patents, they work just fine.


EPO / OPS Support
Posts: 942
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:32 pm

Re: docdb biblio - unusual behavior

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Wed May 09, 2018 6:42 am

Hi

What was your request in this case? I tested few variations and I cannot come to the same response as you did.

For cases like this, since Japan changes number of every step in a patent procedure, the easiest is to use Full-cycle constituent to get all documents available:

http://ops.epo.org/3.2/rest-services/pu ... full-cycle

The result gives you your U and your Y with only this one simple query.

Please paste here example of your query that gives you below error

Regards,
Vesna for OPS support


jalipert
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:16 am

Re: docdb biblio - unusual behavior

Post by jalipert » Wed May 09, 2018 7:25 am

Code: Select all

curl -X POST \
  https://ops.epo.org/3.2/rest-services/published-data/publication/docdb/biblio \
  -H 'Authorization: Bearer MY_TOKEN_HERE' \
  -H 'Cache-Control: no-cache' \
  -H 'Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8' \
  -d 'JP.H0678863.U,JP.H088451.Y2'


EPO / OPS Support
Posts: 942
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:32 pm

Re: docdb biblio - unusual behavior

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Mon May 14, 2018 6:58 am

Please know that the issue is taking care off since you reported it but it might take a release to fix it in production environment. I will let you know once I hear something

Regards,
Vesna for OPS support


Post Reply