DOCDB - FR national filing divisional

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

gv_ip

DOCDB - FR national filing divisional

Post by gv_ip » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:25 pm

Hi,

I am in the need to extract from the DOCDB XML strucutre the parent filing date of a divisional national application in France.

It seems the data is stored in the section <priority claim> but the information about the parent filing date is not always present.
From an empirical analysis based on a very few cases it seems that the information is present only for divisional patents filed after the year 2008.

Is this possible? And if yes, is there a place where this kind of information is availalbe? I mean from which year which information is avaialbe?

Thank you in advance and kind regards

EPO / OPS Support

Re: DOCDB - FR national filing divisional

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:02 pm

Hi,

Just to inform you; FR patent office promised to get back to me over the data in question and I am still waiting for their reply. As soon as they do I will post my findings here, this is just to let you know that we are not ignoring your question

Regards
Vesna for OPS support

gv_ip

Post by gv_ip » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:17 pm

Thank you Vesna, your help is highly appreciated.

EPO / OPS Support

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Fri May 04, 2018 12:01 pm

Hi,

Colleagues from French patent office were kind enough to check extractions and send me following information:

"You’re right and the user too, before 2008, we didn’t extract information regarding Divisional applications for FR

These data are available on our database https://bases-brevets.inpi.fr"

Regards,
Vesna for OPS support