Duplicated Applicants and Inventors

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

Alberto231

Duplicated Applicants and Inventors

Post by Alberto231 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:29 pm

Hello,

names of applicants and names of inventors are duplicated in some patents.

Examples of this behaviour are WO2010139808, WO03004755, WO2008058517

The same behaviour happens in Espacenet, hence the problem should be in the original data base.

This problem could be resolved by a post processing of results on the application side.

I ask in any case if you plan to correct this behaviour directly in the data base, which is simpler, and eventually by what time.

Thank you and best regards

EPO / OPS Support

Re: Duplicated Applicants and Inventors

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:45 pm

Hi,

I am not sure what you mean exactly, but I have nothing double in my view (see picture).

The only thing that does appear twice are names in original format and standardised names, but is a feature of Espacenet/OPS and even Docdb.

If there is anything that I am missing please let me know, but as said, I don't really see a problem.

Regards,
OPS support
Attachments
appl.PNG
appl.PNG (247.14 KiB) Viewed 1910 times