eOLF 5: services down, saved EP1001 drafts with pdf slow

Hanno

Re: eOLF 5: services down, saved EP1001 drafts with pdf slow

Post by Hanno » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:56 pm

We are using a client/server installation. The server is a Windows XP PC which is started up every morning. More often than not, the file manager service does not start and needs to be started manually via the server manager, or via the "start_EPO_OLF_services.vbs" as described above. I believe a solution that does not require the interaction of a hacker or OLF-administrator is badly needed. I (as the one who talked the others into using OLF) am afraid that one day "only" standard users are in the office and need to file an application urgently, but can not start the software...

Any idea when a solution will be available?

D. Van Haken

Re: eOLF 5: services down, saved EP1001 drafts with pdf slow

Post by D. Van Haken » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:33 pm

Dear Hanno,

We do intend to provide a solution which does not require the vbs scripts or "special skills" to start the software. At present we have a candidate of solution for this problem which is about to be distributed to a limited set of impacted users. Once that we have verified that it solves the issue, it will be made available to all impacted users (via the support@epo.org). In a second step it will be included in the next madatory update to ensure that all users will be at the same level.

If all goes well, the update for impacted users will be availble in a matter of a few weeks. I'll post an entry at that time.
The next mandatory updates are (probably) 1/10/2010 and (definitely) 1/1/2011.
regards,

Dirk Van Haken
Product Manager Online Filing
EPO