ePCT:which patent offices accept ISR where ISA= South Korea?

This is your chance to raise your questions or discuss challenges, trends and hot topics around patent information from Asian countries.

blue & green

ePCT:which patent offices accept ISR where ISA= South Korea?

Post by blue & green » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:40 am

hi,

could someone help me please, I need the information on which patent offices could accept ISR where ISA= South Korea?

Kind Regards

asiainfo

Re: ePCT:which patent offices accept ISR where ISA= South Korea?

Post by asiainfo » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:18 pm

Dear blue & green,

Thank you very much for posting your inquiry. May I kindly ask you to specify your question? Would you like to know
- which receiving offices are accepting KIPO as competent ISA? or
- which offices are accepting the ISR from KIPO in the sense that they are not conducting a search anymore in their national phase, i.e. relying on the results in the ISR by KIPO?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

blue & green

Post by blue & green » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:57 pm

Dear asiainfo,

I would like to learn/know;

which offices are accepting the ISR from KIPO in the sense that they are not conducting a search anymore in their national phase, i.e. relying on the results in the ISR by KIPO.

Kind Regards

asiainfo

Post by asiainfo » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:01 pm

Dear blue & green,

I am sorry for the late reply. I did some research and contacted colleagues in Korea but unfortunately it seems that such an overview you are looking for is not available. It seems that you have to check the national phase regulations for each country separately for the information if a search is still performed or not in case there is an ISR provided by KIPO as ISA.

In Annex A of the ISA/IPEA agreement between KIPO and WIPO, you can find an overview on those countries for which KIPO may act as ISA. I know this is not directly related to your inquiry, but it might be a useful information:

https://www.wipo.int/pct/en/access/isa_ ... ments.html

I am sorry I could not provide further help. Thank you once more for your inquiry!

william4

Post by william4 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:32 pm

Thank information! Which offices are adopting the KIPO ISR in the sense that they are not undertaking a search in their national phase and are instead relying on the KIPO ISR results?
super mario bros

kheathcote

Post by kheathcote » Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:45 am

If the registered patent has a fault, such as a lack of novelty or inventive step or a breach of the first-to-file requirement based merely on patent previous art and publications, it will be re-evaluated by a panel of three or five trial board examiners, who may vote to invalidate the patent cookie clicker