EPO API Hourly-limit-exhausted

This is where you will find Espacenet relevant technical issues as well as the respective tips and workarounds

JB2105

EPO API Hourly-limit-exhausted

Post by JB2105 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:23 pm

Hello everyone,

I am using an registered account for fetching bibliographic and family-member data using the EPO-API.

On the fair-use policy information page, I read that there is a 2.5 GB weekly on the amount of data which can be requested through the API using registered account. But today while fetching data I got 'Hourly-limit-exhausted' error in response to my query.

I want to know if there is any detailed usage policy listed anywhere on the website. Also if I wish to increase this hourly limit, what is the procedure and some pricing details, if possible. :)

Thanks!

EPO / OPS Support

Re: EPO API Hourly-limit-exhausted

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:02 pm

Hi,

You are using OPS web service and if you read documentation available on our OPS web page you will find information about how to use OPS within prescribed limitations.

Whenever you get information that your hourly limit is reached that means that you are not adjusting the system according to the URL- throttling information. As mentioned before, OPS documentation will give you all the answers.

There is no other possibility, you have to obey prescribed limitations and throttling no matter if you are paying or free user.

If you need more assistance or have other OPS related topics please use our OPS discussion forum instead. You can also contact us directly, you have our email in your registration confirmation emails.

OPS support