exchange-documents.xsd 2.5.7

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

Mike_k43

Re: exchange-documents.xsd 2.5.7

Post by Mike_k43 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:28 pm

Hello Alex,

Correct, the files CPDefinitions.xsd and CCD.xsd do not download. There seems to be a permission problem on the EPO server for these files. They cannot be accessed for downloading. The error reads "Fehler - Unzulässig" ("Error - Impermissible", visible in Google Chrome on the very bottom left in the downloading status windows). Why did the EPO impose such a downloading restriction on these files??

Personally I manually edited the other XSD files so that I no longer needed CPDefinitions.xsd and CCD.xsd in order to get a working C# source file. I do not do anything with OPS that would need C# code derived from CPDefinitions.xsd and CCD.xsd.

mike_k43

EPO / OPS Support

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:22 am

Hi,

Are you saying you can not load those documents available on our website: https://www.epo.org/searching-for-paten ... html#tab-3 ?

You have to be logged in into OPS as if you query OPS properly. Then it works. I don't know why colleagues decides to lock them like this but I will ask them to unlock them for public

Regards,
Vesna for OPS

Mike_k43

Post by Mike_k43 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:55 pm

Hello Vesna,

Yes, that is what I mean.

CCD.xsd and CPCDefinitions.xsd cannot be downloaded from https://www.epo.org/searching-for-paten ... html#tab-3. It does not matter whether you are logged on as OPS forum user or not. This site can actually only be accessed in non-logged on mode; the link "Log in" always shown there is ineffective.

All other xsd files of that link can be downloaded as non-logged on user, using "Link speichern unter" in Google Chrome.

mike_k43

EPO / OPS Support

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:07 pm

We have old post in forum on that: schema-documents-xsd-yaml-inaccessible-7551#p19829 . In the meantime we unlocked those but these last files are newly loaded and it seems that they didn't apply the same logic as for old files. Since I am on internal network I don't have such issues but external users do, we had same before for all other documents.

I have tried with POSTMAN via external IP as described in my old forum post and it works but I have asked colleagues to process those new files same as as they did older files.

Regards,
Vesna for OPS