Export images and claims from all patent of one class

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

appronx

Export images and claims from all patent of one class

Post by appronx » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:08 pm

Dear Administration,

I would like to make patent analisys, could you please inform me, how can I obtain following information:

1. Obtaining list of "doc-number" of all patent from one classification (I made it already):
GET rest-services/published-data/search/abstract/?q=cpc%3DC01B31%2F22&Range=1-100

2. Using above mentioned list for export claims and main image.
POST ???

Really I need to obtain:
separate list of "doc-number", "claims", "abstract"
separate list of "doc-number", "main image"

EPO / OPS Support

Re: Export images and claims from all patent of one class

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:36 am

Dear user,

You didn't choose the best tool to do patent statistics of any kind. Of course it is possible to program data in a certain way but that is not a purpose of OPS. OPS is a web-service that offers database and search engine providers to link certain part of info available in OPS to their own services.

The data in your query is exceptionally even possible to be downloaded because it is only 1000 and so documents but as soon as you make another query and if that one is over 2000 hits then you won't be able to see all of the results. Also, if you are interested in claims you need to be aware that OPS only includes claims for WO, EP, AT, CH, CA, ES and GB and on your list you have countries like TW, US, DE, JP, KR.....

For purposes of doing any kind of patent statistics we suggest that use of EPO's PATSTAT tool: http://www.epo.org/searching/subscripti ... nline.html

Kind regards,
OPS support