Exporting full list of an applicant

Here you can post your opinions, ask questions and share information regarding GPI (Searching the EPO’s worldwide bibliographic and legal status data collections via the “Patent information services for experts” interface).

radix13

Exporting full list of an applicant

Post by radix13 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:49 pm

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a possible way to export the full list of granted patents for a certain applicant. I need this data for university, where I'm writing a paper about the company's innovation power over the last decades. Is that in any way possible? If not, does somebody know a good way to query this data somehow?

Thanks for your replies

EPO / EPAL Team

Re: Exporting full list of an applicant

Post by EPO / EPAL Team » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:57 pm

With GPI your query should include at least:

ISG = YES (is granted = yes)
APP = applicant name(s)

Example: ISG = YES AND APP = "TECHNISCHE UNIV MUENCHEN"

Depending on your goal you may also refine your query combining the above criteria with, for example, publication date (PUD) and publication country code (PUC).

Before downloading a result list, you may customise its content by adding new columns including the bibliographic data your are interested in (see menu Preferences / item Result list content / Content for download print). Please note that the current download limit is 5.000 items (5.000 lines).

More information about search/download features in the GPI user manual (PDF file), in particular for searching with names.

Best regards,

Patrick Le Gonidec