Exporting full list of an applicant

Here you can post your opinions, ask questions and share information regarding GPI (Searching the EPO’s worldwide bibliographic, legal event and full-text data sets via the “Patent information services for experts” user interface).

radix13

Exporting full list of an applicant

Post by radix13 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:49 pm

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a possible way to export the full list of granted patents for a certain applicant. I need this data for university, where I'm writing a paper about the company's innovation power over the last decades. Is that in any way possible? If not, does somebody know a good way to query this data somehow?

Thanks for your replies

EPO / EPAL Team

Re: Exporting full list of an applicant

Post by EPO / EPAL Team » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:57 pm

With GPI your query should include at least:

ISG = YES (is granted = yes)
APP = applicant name(s)

Example: ISG = YES AND APP = "TECHNISCHE UNIV MUENCHEN"

Depending on your goal you may also refine your query combining the above criteria with, for example, publication date (PUD) and publication country code (PUC).

Before downloading a result list, you may customise its content by adding new columns including the bibliographic data your are interested in (see menu Preferences / item Result list content / Content for download print). Please note that the current download limit is 5.000 items (5.000 lines).

More information about search/download features in the GPI user manual (PDF file), in particular for searching with names.

Best regards,

Patrick Le Gonidec