Filter by date in URL

patient

Filter by date in URL

Post by patient » Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:50 am

Is there a way to filter searched patents by date in the URL? I have some bookmarks, and it would be such a time saver if there is a way to do this

Edit: I think this ties in with the previous topic, I'm not sure why the URL does not include filters besides the name searched, it seems like an essential function

Patent Information Marketing

Re: Filter by date in URL

Post by Patent Information Marketing » Mon May 29, 2023 11:35 am

If you filter, for example, on family level on the earliest publication date and apply a date range such as 2021-01-01 to 2022-12-31, you will obtain the following URL:

https://worldwide.espacenet.com/patent/search?f=pd%3Ain%3D20210101-20221231&q=bots

As you can see, the URL contains the date range 20210101-20221231 next to "f=pd" (f for filter, pd for publication date).
If wished, you can then change the date range in the URL to obtain the wished results.

Kind regards,

Andrée

Andrée Lahaye

patient

Post by patient » Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:30 pm

Thank you, I guess that is somewhat useful. It would still be better to just sort by publication date Ascending or Descending so it's in chronological order when opening the URL

AbbyCooper

Post by AbbyCooper » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:15 am

Many patent databases have advanced search options that allow you to specify criteria such as publication date, filing date, or priority date. Explore the advanced search features on the platform you're using to see if date filtering options are available.hill climb racing

Post by Patent Information Marketing » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:28 pm

In Espacenet, you can only search with the publication date of the earliest available publication of an application in the database (and not with the priority or filing date).

With regards to the filter feature, you can filter according to the publication date (on publication level), the earliest family publication date (on family level) and the earliest family priority date (on family level).

Kind regards,

Andrée

Andrée Lahaye
User services - Patent Knowledge Directorate

todayrejoice

Post by todayrejoice » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:51 am

Only the earliest accessible publication date of an application's publication in the database may be used for search purposesgeometry dash lite. Check if there are any alternatives for date filtering by using the platform's advanced search features.