Format of U.S. designed patent for family/legal status

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

look4answer

Format of U.S. designed patent for family/legal status

Post by look4answer » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:48 pm

Hi,

I am having a problem searching for a valid U.S. designed patent number format used to call for family/legal status on OPS via URL. Could someone give me a suggestion? For example, a URL to call for EP patent is domain/blah/blah/docdb/EP1855551.B1/legal which contains a publication number with kind code. How could I do this for a U.S. designed patent, such as USD493661? I could use the number to search on espacenet, but I get an error on OPS call via URL. The error is as follows:
  • At least one reference in the request has a wrong value for data-format: A docdb reference requires at least a country and a number.
In the case of the error above, I used USD493661.S* and/or USD493661.S1 in the URL. The same error is displayed when I attempted to call for bibliographic data via URL as well. If I used US493661.D*, I get "No results found" error. However, I found family data (no legal) on espacenet.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Taywin

PS: The link to OPS documentation on the OPS FAQ page goes to an older version (v.2.105). I believe the newest right now is v.3.1. Could anyone please fix this problem?

nikhil

Re: Format of U.S. designed patent for family/legal status

Post by nikhil » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:46 pm

Try putting a period between US and D. Something like this http://ops.epo.org/3.0/rest-services/pu ... .S1/biblio

look4answer

Re: Format of U.S. designed patent for family/legal status

Post by look4answer » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:08 pm

That works. Thanks nikhil.