Having difficulties with Search API

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

langlotz

Having difficulties with Search API

Post by langlotz » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:25 am

Dear all

I'm trying to run an example for "Published Data Keywords Search with Variable Constituents" using the Developper's Area's OPS v3.2 API. I understand that one of the valid consituents would be "biblio", so I tried:

GET /3.2/rest-services/published-data/biblio/search?q=ti%3Dplastic HTTP/1.1

However, this results in a 404 Not Found error - an so do any other values for "{constituents}". Trying the same query for "Published Data Keywords Search without Consituents" works perfectly:

GET /3.2/rest-services/published-data/search?q=ti%3Dplastic HTTP/1.1

finds >10,000 results (<ops:biblio-search total-result-count="10000">).

What am I missing...?

EPO / OPS Support

Re: Having difficulties with Search API

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:58 am

Hi,

There seems to be an issue with API console and we have already informed our developers.

Regards,

OPS support

langlotz

Post by langlotz » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:41 am

Dear OPS Support

Is it possible that this issue is still unsolved...?

With kind regards,
Frank

EPO / OPS Support

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:37 pm

Hi,

You are correct, its not working as it should. Please use options with already specified constituent in the meantime. There is a separate option of every constituent available

Regards,
Vesna for OPS

Dimtech

Post by Dimtech » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:59 pm

Hello
I have a school project that consists in recovering the characteristics of the patent attributes on the site, I registered but I have a problem with the register search request that shows me "HTTPError: 500 Server Error: Internal Server Error for url: https://ops.epo.org/3.2/rest-services/register/search". I put you my code bellow. Hoping that you can help me.
I thank you in advance.

import epo_ops
client = epo_ops.Client(key='MyKey', secret='MyPasseWord') # Instantiate client
response = client.register_search(
'battery,ion',
range_begin=1,
range_end=10
)
print(response.text)

EPO / OPS Support

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:45 am

Hi,

With information given her I clearly can not help you. Can you please write to patentdata(at) epo.org and explain exactly what are you trying to retrieve from OPS Register and give me your user name when you write so that I can see if your registration is approved.

Regards,
Vesna for OPS support