Help needed Annual patent count of specific firm

Here you can post your opinions, ask questions and share experiences on the PATSTAT product line. Please always indicate the PATSTAT edition (e.g. 2015 Autumn Edition) and the database (e.g. PATSTAT Online, MySQL, MS SQL Server, ...) you are using.

Robb

Help needed Annual patent count of specific firm

Post by Robb » Mon May 24, 2021 1:25 pm

Good afternoon,

I'm a master student currently working on my thesis which requires patent data. I think PATSTAT could be the right source for this, but untill today I can't seem to find the right data. I'm looking for annual patent count of specific firms (around 400 firms). The data I have found untill today is only specific patent data with documentation etc. but I'm only looking for annual patent count.

So to summarize, is there a way to get annual patent count for specific firms without all of the details of each patent?

Hopefully someone can help me out!

With kind regards,
Rob

EPO / PATSTAT Support

Re: Help needed Annual patent count of specific firm

Post by EPO / PATSTAT Support » Tue May 25, 2021 9:58 am

You can easily adapt one of the queries in this post to your needs:
sql-queries-to-create-simple-applicant- ... ble-10588

For example add:
and psn_name in ('volkswagen' , 'renault' , 'audi' , 'VOLVO CAR CORPORATION' , 'PEUGEOT CITROEN AUTOMOBILES' , 'DAIMLER') in the WHERE clause of the SQL query and you will only retrieve the patents from the applicants that had their names grouped under that specific psn_name.
PATSTAT Support Team
EPO - Vienna
patstat @ epo.org

Robb

Re: Help needed Annual patent count of specific firm

Post by Robb » Wed May 26, 2021 12:25 pm

Good afternoon,

That works, thank you very much!

With kind regards,
Rob