How i can use api for keyword based search

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

Sanjay Sahoo

How i can use api for keyword based search

Post by Sanjay Sahoo » Mon May 18, 2020 8:25 am

i am using "Bibliographic data search service" api , this api is giving only country and doc-number.
Can you please suggest me which api i should use to get get all information like patent title , description,patent number ,inventor,published date etc.

EPO / OPS Support

Re: How i can use api for keyword based search

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Mon May 18, 2020 11:59 am

Hi

In Biblio data search you can only get biblio (aka all text on the first page of the patent document, including abstract, if available) but you have to chose constituent "biblio" otherwise you really only get a lost of numbers.

So, look for Published Data Keywords Search with Variable Constituents in API Console (see picture) for testing or just insert your query as you see it in this API into a programmer's tool like Postman, for example
Capture_const.PNG
Which other constituents are possible in adition to "biblio" is described OPS documentation on the website.

For full-text (description, claims) please first read post in Announcements of this forum so you know which full text collections we even offer and then do separate search using test API (Published data claims retrieval or Publish data description retrieval) or your tool. You will have to call numbers one by one in those services, you can not use the list as you get it in Biblio search without constituent.

Regards,
Vesna for OPS support