How to convert application number in docdb format to original number format?

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

sujith3g

How to convert application number in docdb format to original number format?

Post by sujith3g » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:32 pm

I'm using OPS v3.2 INPADOC Family Retrieval Service for getting family details, and the response giving me application-reference in docdb format. I'm not able to convert the numbers to original format using the OPS number service. Please help.

I'm querying for the family of the application number EP01128561, and I'm getting 10 family members as a result. One of them(last item) has the following data in application-reference.

Code: Select all

"application-reference": {
            "@doc-id": "46185366",
            "document-id": {
              "@document-id-type": "docdb",
              "country": {
                "$": "US"
              },
              "doc-number": {
                "$": "3664901"
              },
              "kind": {
                "$": "A"
              },
              "date": {
                "$": "20011221"
              }
            }
          } 
Now the application number in original format for this application is US10036649, which can be queried in the USPTO. But I'm not able convert the number(US3664901A) provided by OPS INPADOC Family Retrieval Service into this original number which can be queried in the USPTO.
Please help.
I have tried number service also, but whenever I use the output format as 'original', number-service is returning the input as it is.

EPO / OPS Support

Re: How to convert application number in docdb format to original number format?

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:28 pm

Hi,
In this case is actually very easy, you need to query family with biblio constituent and then you see original format
Capture_us.JPG

If your family would be too big for adding biblio, you can just do additional OPS Published services search with biblio constituent for that same US member and you will find original application format there. Please note that most (but not all) of the data loaded will have original format presented

As far as number search, please see OPS documentation for details on how to convert numbers

Regards,
Vesna for OPS