How to/Feature Request Download Original PDF, Abstract, Specification and Claims Translations As One Combined File

6fc879fj

How to/Feature Request Download Original PDF, Abstract, Specification and Claims Translations As One Combined File

Post by 6fc879fj » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:36 pm

Hello,

Thank you for all of the great work you do. As you may know, the USPTO requires applicants to submit information disclosure statements (IDS) identifying prior art of which they are aware. Many times, US applicants have to submit an IDS based on search reports from European Patent examination. In many instances, the prior art references that need to be submitted are not in English. To satisfy the applicant's duty of candor, many applicants file the following: the original non-English publication (e.g., a German language EU patent), the English language abstract from Espacenet, the English translation from Espacenet, and the English translation of the claims. All of those are usually combined in a single document for submission to the USPTO. Navigating to each document, downloading each, and then combining each into a single pdf document is a very, very time consuming process.

Is there a way, and if not please treat this as a feature request, to one-click download a single pdf that has the original non-English publication (e.g., a German language EU patent), the English language abstract from Espacenet, the English translation of the specification from Espacenet, and the English translation of the claims?

Below is a mockup example.

If that is not possible, would Espacenet consider providing a translation of all parts as a single document (e.g., a translation that contains the abstract, specification, and claims)?

I recognize this is Espacenet and not the USPTO, but the ability to easily obtain a translation of all parts of a patent publication (and use it or present it while not online at Espacenet) must be relevant for others, including EPO applicants. For example, an English speaking EPO applicant would surely appreciate their counsel sending a single pdf that includes a Korean reference in its an original format (with all of the figures) along with a translation of all parts--all in a single document so that they don't have to open at least 4 different files to review a EPO cited reference.

Thank you in advance.

Patent Information Marketing

Re: How to/Feature Request Download Original PDF, Abstract, Specification and Claims Translations As One Combined File

Post by Patent Information Marketing » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:54 am

Dear user,

Thank you for your question. It is today not possible to translate at once the original document in native language + abstract + description + claims at once. We have, however, put this suggestion on the list of our desirable improvements.

Kind regards,

Andrée

Andrée Lahaye

EdnaHelen

Re: How to/Feature Request Download Original PDF, Abstract, Specification and Claims Translations As One Combined File

Post by EdnaHelen » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:21 am

There is so much I don't understand about USPTO. can you help me?

Post by Patent Information Marketing » Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:36 am

Dear user,

Thank you for your question. I would suggest you directly contact the USPTO, as they will be better placed to answer any questions you would have about them. Here is their contact data.

Kind regards,

Andrée

Andrée Lahaye

Marthayoung

Post by Marthayoung » Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:25 am

Hello Dear,
I am not a expert but I just want to tell you that Unfortunately, there is currently no one-click download option that combines all the requested information into a single PDF document on Espacenet. However, you may be able to use third-party software or tools to combine the individual documents into a single PDF document.

As a feature request, you could submit this suggestion to the Espacenet team for consideration in future updates. They may be able to implement this as a feature in the future to improve the user experience for patent applicants.

I hope You got your solution.
Marthayoung

m.s-t

Post by m.s-t » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:48 am

Marthayoung wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:25 am
As a feature request, you could submit this suggestion to the Espacenet team for consideration in future updates. They may be able to implement this as a feature in the future to improve the user experience for patent applicants.
I would love this feature if it got implemented in the future. Could you help me with sending such a feature request to the Expacenet Team? Do they have a contact form or something?

Thank you and best regards
Max

Post by Patent Information Marketing » Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:21 pm

Thank you very much for your feedback. The suggestion is indeed very good and the Espacenet team is aware of all proposals made in the forum. We can, however, unfortunately not tell you when this could be implemented.
Kind regards