Cannot find any instructions.
Cannot find Help, apart from Glossary.

How do I do these things?

Patent Information Marketing

Re: How to use Espacenet

Post by Patent Information Marketing » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:32 am

Dear user,

How to download:
- For the result list, click on the vertical three dots in the upper right of the result list.
- For any of the following document panes: original document, description, claims, citations, legal events or patent family, click on the vertical three dots in the upper right of the selected document pane.

Instructions/Help:
Help supports, which currently provide guidance on how to use new Espacenet are:
- Popup tips: further to their activation in the toolbar, clicking on the blue interrogation marks will provide instructions or definitions depending on the context.
- a Pocket guide: http://documents.epo.org/projects/babyl ... ide_en.pdf
- the forum, which is also dedicated to help our users in any difficulties encountered
- the video, which shows the basics to use new Espacenet. It is true, however, that it is not shown there how to download.

I hope the above will be helpful to you.

Kind regards,

Andrée

MDEAN

Post by MDEAN » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:21 pm

Thank you.
How do I search by priority date?
How do I change the order of a results list (A) to reverse it or (B) to order it by a different characteristic, e.g. publication date, title or applicant's last name?

Post by Patent Information Marketing » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:28 am

Dear user,

Please use the filter function to limit your search to patents with the respective earliest priority date. Open the filter tab in the main menue and enter the date in the earliest priority date filter and apply the filter.

Please find here an example of limiting a search on "laser" to a specific date:
http://espacenet3-t.internal.epo.org/pa ... 31&q=laser

You can order the result list according to the following criteria: relevance (only descending), priority date and publication date (ascending and descending).

You can sort e.g. in Excel also to all other available categories when you download the result list using the three dot menue of the result list.
Kind regards