I-Robot

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

pierreb

I-Robot

Post by pierreb » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:34 pm

Hello OPS team,

we have teh following issue: while we beleive we follow the rate-limiting and quota limitations principles we still have 403 occurences with the message: "Recent behaviour implies you are a robot...".
We don't think we are but you never know... :)

Our App does send a serie of CQL searches following to a user action, but again applying the rate limiting rules.

Hence my question: is this message related to a rate limiting inforcement (may be a bug on our side) or is it due to the pattern of our API queries ?

best,
Pierre

EPO / OPS Support

Re: I-Robot

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:44 pm

Hi,

Can you give me one real example of your search query? You can send me URL also to our office email address (same email where you got OPS registration confirmation from). If you don't know our email, let me know.

Kind regards,

OPS support

pierreb

Post by pierreb » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:21 pm

Sure,

our queries are as follows:
1) main query for documents search (before url encoding) as:
http://ops.epo.org/3.1/rest-services/pu ... tract?q=ta all "mimo,antenna"&range=1-100

2) then, sub-queries to ask for the number of documents available on derived terms, e.g.:
http://ops.epo.org/3.1/rest-services/pu ... q=ab="mimo" and ab="antenna" and ab="high,isolation"&range=1-1

We can have 10 to 20 queries of type 2 after one query of type 1 all separated by the applicable waiting time returned in the header info.

Pierre

EPO / OPS Support

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:51 pm

Thanks for your links. Are you registered user and if yes, what is your User ID? I would really suggest that you send me this info on email instead of posting it on public forum. You can also give me your UID over private message in this forum.

Thanks in advance,

OPS support

EPO / OPS Support

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:47 am

Dear Pierre,

I've replied to your last message over email.

Best regards,

OPS support