Images from API

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

martien

Images from API

Post by martien » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:20 pm

Hello,

Some months ago it was possible to get png-images directly from espacenet by e.g.

Code: Select all

https://worldwide.espacenet.com/3.2/rest-services/images/documents/EP/2279854/A1/formats/png/pages/1
and very easy to manage for display.
Now I get the message

Code: Select all

This request has been rejected due to the violation of Fair Use policy
It was very confortable and much more faster compared to the OPS-access of images, since there was no need to convert and save the original (usual) tiff-images.

Was this possibility "No fair use"?
Is there a chance, that this kind of image retrieval will be available (again) in future?

Thanks for your answer in advance.

Regards, Martien

EPO / OPS Support

Re: Images from API

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:31 am

Hi,

We don't allow any automated queries on Espacenet, this is why OPS exists in the first place. I will make sure though that we offer png format via OPS as well if that will make your processes easier. It will maybe take a bit, but when png format option is in OPS I will inform you via this thread.

Regards,
Vesna for OPS support

martien

Re: Images from API

Post by martien » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:01 pm

Hi Vesna,

thanks for your reply.
It will be great to see png images in OPS!

Regards,
Martien