Impact of Legal Event

Here you can post your opinions, ask questions and share experiences on the PATSTAT product line. Please always indicate the PATSTAT edition (e.g. 2015 Autumn Edition) and the database (e.g. PATSTAT Online, MySQL, MS SQL Server, ...) you are using.

LeoLei

Impact of Legal Event

Post by LeoLei » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:23 am

Hi everyone,

I am currently working with Patstat Legal Status Version 5.10 (2017 Autumn Edition) and i was wondering, if anyone knows where I can find further information on how the Impact of the legal event on the patent (EVENT_IMPACT) comes about.

Thank you and best regards,

Leo

EPO / PATSTAT Support

Re: Impact of Legal Event / INPADOC data

Post by EPO / PATSTAT Support » Wed May 16, 2018 11:19 am

Hello Leo,
somewhere in cyberspace, your question was not picked up.
The event_impact indicator (also called influence indicator ) is a remainder inherited from an older grouping system that indicates whether the "impact" was positive or negative from the point of view of the applicant (or owner).
However there is no scientific or reasoned procedure behind the assignment and therefore it was decided to remove this indicator from our patent information products at the end of 2018.

This system will be replaced by a more comprehensive classification system based on WIPO Standard 27.
Here is a presentation that gives a detailed overview on the latest status of this project.
VC12-2018_INPADOC_advanced.pdf
(2.28 MiB) Downloaded 760 times
It is planned to also make this classification system available in the PATSTAT 2018 autumn edition.
PATSTAT Support Team
EPO - Vienna
patstat @ epo.org

LeoLei

Re: Impact of Legal Event

Post by LeoLei » Thu May 24, 2018 2:33 pm

Hello,

thank you very much for your answer.

Best regards,

Leo