INPADOC data update time frame

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

look4answer

INPADOC data update time frame

Post by look4answer » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:31 pm

Hi,

I have a question related to the INPADOC legal data. Just today, I attempt to check for legal data for patent US8628462. On the EPO (espacenet.com) site, I found the data -- publicationDetails/inpadoc?CC=US&NR=8628462B2&KC=B2&FT=D&ND=4&date=20140114&DB=EPODOC&locale=en_EP -- however, the OPS server could not find the data? -- http://ops.epo.org/3.0/rest-services/fa ... 2.B2/legal

I understand that the patent has been issued just yesterday (Jan 14). My question is how long does it take for OPS to update the database so that the data is available?

Thank you very much,
Taywin

EPO / OPS Support

Re: INPADOC data update time frame

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:13 pm

Dear user,

Legal status is available already for A1 pub. of your document:
ops.epo.org/3.1/rest-services/legal/pub ... 0087701.A1

But as you correctly pointed out, the B2 publication was only published yesterday which means that OPS Family/Legal service will only add this new pub over the weekend any you will be able to see it here from next Monday on. From that point on, every new legal event will be added at the same time as we add it in Espacenet. The only time that delay between Espacenet and OPS Family/Legal service will appear is when publication is newly published, like the one you have mentioned.

OPS Published service, for example, already has this new publication available:
http://ops.epo.org/3.0/rest-services/pu ... .B2/biblio

Kind regards,
OPS support