Installing Online Filing on 64 Bit PCs

Martinadu

Installing Online Filing on 64 Bit PCs

Post by Martinadu » Mon May 31, 2010 4:56 pm

Setting up the Online Filing Software on a PC with a 64-Bit Windows operating system
(valid for Windows Vista 64-Bit, Windows 7 64-Bit and Windows 2008 Server R2)

The EPO Online filing software is a 32 bit software. As a result, the preference is to have it installed on 32 bit Windows operating systems and not on 64-Bit systems. We can however install it on 64-Bit systems with a walk around.

Stand-alone (Local Installation)

• You need to have a smart card that was issued NOT earlier than November 2007

• Install the 64-Bit GemPCTwin smart card reader driver: gemccid_en-us_64.msi
• Install the 64-Bit version of the Gemalto Classic Client 6.00
Both are available from a special link available from User Support on request

• Install the latest Amyuni PDF converter 4.10 from special link available from User Support on request

• During installation, the following path is presented by default C:\Program files(x86)\EPO_OLF5
Change the path to read C:\Program files\EPO_OLF5 by using the browse button, and then creating EPO_OLF5 folder in C:\Program files.

Network Installation

SERVER PC

(Where the PC for the Online Filing server has a 64-Bit Windows Operating system)

• During the Server installation, the following path is presented by default C:\Program files(x86)\EPO_OLF5
Change the path to read C:\Program files\EPO_OLF5 by using the browse button, and then creating EPO_OLF5 folder in C:\Program files

CLIENT PC(S)

(Where the PC for the Online Filing thin client has a 64-Bit Windows Operating system)

• You need to have a smart card that was issued NOT earlier than November 2007
• Install the 64-Bit GemPCTwin smart card reader driver: gemccid_en-us_64.msi
• Install the 64-Bit version of the Gemalto Classic Client 6.00
Both are available from a special link available from User Support on request

• Install the latest Amyuni PDF converter 4.10 from special link available from User Support on request

• During the Thin Client installation, the following path is presented by default C:\Program files(x86)\EPO_OLF5-TC.
Change the path to read C:\Program files\EPO_OLF5-TC by using the browse button, and then creating EPO_OLF5-TC folder in C:\Program files

ahip

Re: Installing Online Filing on 64 Bit PCs

Post by ahip » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:38 pm

Many thanks for this information.

I can confirm that I have installed the software on 64-Bit Windows 7 and that the demo system appears to be working properly.

Best regards
Alistair Hamilton

jeffthebat

Post by jeffthebat » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:40 pm

I am aboutr to upgrade to a 64 bit system, right after christmas. Any other helpful information would be appreciated.

luffy

Post by luffy » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:03 pm

my computer using microsoft windows 7 v.32 bit. i have try your tread, but is not working, do you have any idea how to make it work??

Martinadu

Post by Martinadu » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:09 pm

luffy wrote:my computer using microsoft windows 7 v.32 bit. i have try your tread, but is not working, do you have any idea how to make it work??

If I understand your mail correctly, you have a 32 bit Operating system? This thread relates only to those
using a 64 bit Operating system. The regular installation guide available under the documentation in our
download centre will be sufficient. Otherwise please call support.

Mirco

Post by Mirco » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:57 pm

I have to setup a machine running Win7 x64 for filling online applications. Any useful information would be appreciated.

D. Van Haken

Post by D. Van Haken » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:10 pm

Dear Mirco,

please use the New EPO Online Filing software V5 SP2, it is available on the epoline.org website for download:

"Online Filing users can now download the new version 5 service pack 2 from the download centre. This new, improved version includes V5 SP 1 and all updates up to 1 January 2011. It is also fully Microsoft Windows 64-bit compliant.

NB: It is intended for new or reinstalling users only, and does not include the 1 January 2011 PCT update release.

19-01-2011
"

This is a full installation which is qa-ed to be installed in Windows 7 and is 64-bit compliant.
If you have any problems then please contact support@epo.org.
regards,

Dirk Van Haken
Product Manager Online Filing
EPO

habubakar

Post by habubakar » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:12 am

Hi,

I am trying to get some smart card reader driver installed on my laptop.

Can I have the links for installing the smart card reader files please?

Many thanks,

H