I am writing to you because I have some problems with IP score software regarding which I would like to ask the following questions :
1) Can I send email to somebody who can provide me support regarding IP Score tool?
2) I tried to do valuation of a patent with one of my clients from Enterprise Europe Network. We put down the numbers (costs and projected revenues) and we made a projection for the profits of first 5 years. Afterwards I found on the internet an average royalty rate for the specific sector which my client is active in and I multiplied it with the projected profits in order to calculate the value of the patent. I do not know if this method is valid. I also calculated NPV and IRR.
I also tried to use IP score.
- The first problem is that it does not work with Access 2013 so I had to turn in an older computer with Access 2007.
- I imported some financial details (ie the turnover) but I am not sure if I used the correct data. Does the turnover that I have to use regard only the first year or all the consecutive 5 years?
- I would also like to ask about depreciation. This means that if I have to make an initial investment of 100000 euros and the useful life of the patent is 5 years the depreciation is 100000/5 = 20000?
-I made some trials but the results see to be a bit odd
Thank in advance for your help
Here you can post your opinions, ask questions and share experiences on the PATSTAT product line. Please always indicate the PATSTAT edition (e.g. 2015 Autumn Edition) and the database (e.g. PATSTAT Online, MySQL, MS SQL Server, ...) you are using.
1 post • Page 1 of 1