Is it possible to load sql server with the help of Talend application

Here you can post your opinions, ask questions and share experiences on the PATSTAT product line. Please always indicate the PATSTAT edition (e.g. 2015 Autumn Edition) and the database (e.g. PATSTAT Online, MySQL, MS SQL Server, ...) you are using.

sarahjohns388

Is it possible to load sql server with the help of Talend application

Post by sarahjohns388 » Mon May 07, 2018 11:28 am

Hello All, hope all doing. I have faced an issue with Is it possible to load SQL server with the help of Talend application I need help from you guys.

The problem is, I was not able to load PATSTAT data into our SQL Server database with Talend application. In this, I had created a table but the data can't able to transfer to the table. I was able to get the log files but there is no flow, as usual, it should be happened. Can one help me on this?

Thanks
Sarahjohn

EPO / PATSTAT Support

Re: Is it possible to load sql server with the help of Talend application

Post by EPO / PATSTAT Support » Tue May 08, 2018 12:35 pm

Hello Sarajohnm
yes, it is possible to do it with Talend, but we can not help you to get the scripts to work.
Our information is that it is best to create the data base and tables outside the Talend tool, and then only use Talend to load the data into the created tables.
PATSTAT Support Team
EPO - Vienna
patstat @ epo.org

jamesmillere

Re: Is it possible to load sql server with the help of Talend application

Post by jamesmillere » Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:27 pm

Yes, it is possible to load data into SQL Server using Talend. Talend is an open-source data integration tool that can be used to extract, transform, and load (ETL) data into various types of data stores, including SQL Server.

To load data into SQL Server using Talend, you will first need to configure a connection to your SQL Server database. This can be done by using the "tMSSqlConnection" component in Talend, which allows you to specify the connection details such as the server name, port, username, and password.

Once the connection is established, you can use various Talend components to extract data from various sources, such as flat files, databases, or APIs, and then transform the data as needed.

After that, you can use the "tMSSqlOutput" component to load the data into your SQL Server database. This component allows you to specify the table name, and also provides options for handling errors and managing the commit size during loading.

Overall, Talend provides a wide variety of components and connectors that can be used to load data into UiPath Certification, and the process is relatively straightforward and simple.

It's worth noting that you should have the proper knowledge about SQL and Talend, as well as the appropriate permissions to access the SQL server, before attempting to load data into it.
Last edited by jamesmillere on Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks
James Millere