Is it possible to retrieve the Supplementary Protection Certificates (SPCs) related to a patent?

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

e5gs9t

Is it possible to retrieve the Supplementary Protection Certificates (SPCs) related to a patent?

Post by e5gs9t » Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:16 pm

Is it possible to get a list of the Supplementary Protection Certificates (SPCs) for a given patent via some API?

EPO / OPS Support

Re: Is it possible to retrieve the Supplementary Protection Certificates (SPCs) related to a patent?

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:03 pm

HI

Yes, we have quite a lot of SPC certificats either as biblio via Published service with Biblio constituent or also full text in PDF under Images constituent as well as quite some legal events via OPS Legal or OPS Family with Legal constituent.

The kind code of SPCs is in an "I "range (from I1 on).

If you look at the tables below, you can see for which jurisdiction we have that data, what the proper input number (docdb number format is) and in inpadoc legal events you will find coverage and legal event codes for specific jurisdictions: https://www.epo.org/searching-for-paten ... erage.html

Numbering formats are under Regularly updated, coverage of biblio and legal events under Weekly updated tables

I hope this helps
Vesna for OPS support