Italian Priority documents to US patent- can't find?

Here you can post your opinions, ask questions and share information regarding the following services:
European Publication Server (EPO's official publication platform), EP Bulletin search and EP full-text search (Searching procedural data and the full text of EP A and B documents via the "Patent information services for experts" user interface).

Fixated

Italian Priority documents to US patent- can't find?

Post by Fixated » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:12 am

So, on a familiar to me US Patent from the early 1960s, there is mention of earlier priority, referring to a patent application and / or perhaps issue, in Italy a few years previous.

I am having difficulty finding anything more about this. Were such documents simply not added to the electronic database, or did the Italians simply not save such paperwork? Or perhaps I should direct such a search at the USPTO? Alternatively, perhaps the ID numbers are faulty?

What I have is this: An issued US Patent 3,166,269 to Mr. Elio Veroli (long since deceased).
The bibliographic data here on Espacenet gives me this:

Priorities
IT23360A·1960-01-05
Application
US24340762A·1962-12-10
Publication
US3166269A·1965-01-19

Now, as said, I am interested in that Italian document from 1960. Maybe even that US Application. How to find?

Further, the original document looks like this. Similar, but a few more numbers to choose from:

I would be very grateful for any help in pursuing this further. Thank you.

EPO / EPAL Team

Re: Italian Priority documents to US patent- can't find?

Post by EPO / EPAL Team » Thu May 20, 2021 4:41 pm

Thank you for your request. Your request has been received and is under investigation, we will get back to you as soon as possible !
The EPAL Team.

EPO / EPAL Team

Post by EPO / EPAL Team » Wed May 26, 2021 7:11 am

The requested Patent document from 1960 is archived in "Archivio Centrale dello Stato http://acs.beniculturali.it/ " Central archive of Italy. It has not been digitalised. The document can be purchased online by written request to the e-mail given in the above webpage. For more detailed information please contact the EPAL team via e-mail.
Thank you.

Fixated

Post by Fixated » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:51 am

Wow, thank you so very much for your efforts and thoughtful reply! I will follow up on your suggestion, perhaps immediately.
I really appreciate this. Thank you!

EPO / EPAL Team

Post by EPO / EPAL Team » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:07 am

Additionally to the patent, you might be interested to read this blog about Elio Veroli and his associate Gianni Sganzerla https://www.antipes.it/marca_everol_it.html

EPO / EPAL Team

Post by EPO / EPAL Team » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:49 am

Thank you very much. Very interesting indeed !
EPAL

Woodrow

Post by Woodrow » Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:26 pm

If the earliest-filed patent application for a particular invention was a provisional application, then the filing date of the provisional is your priority date.