Legal status and PATSTAT Online

Here you can post your opinions, ask questions and share experiences on the PATSTAT product line. Please always indicate the PATSTAT edition (e.g. 2015 Autumn Edition) and the database (e.g. PATSTAT Online, MySQL, MS SQL Server, ...) you are using.

hotfefone

Legal status and PATSTAT Online

Post by hotfefone » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:54 pm

Hi! I would like to identify the legal status of a patent in a certain moment of time (e.g. how many patents were pending in 2000? how many lapsed?). Is that possible in PATSTAT Online?
From the catalog I see a field "PRS_GAZETTE_DATE" but I cannot find it online.
Thanks for your help!

nico.rasters

Re: Legal status and PATSTAT Online

Post by nico.rasters » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:42 pm

I do not have access to PATSTAT Online so I'm merely quoting the documentation (from my October 2014 version).

Legal event data like "post grant" information for European patents in the national phase ("validation" data of EP patents) is available in the PRS database, also known as the INPADOC worldwide legal status database. This table must be purchased separately. PATSTAT customers who wish to obtain this table should subscribe to product 14.24.1 to receive the PRS file in PATSTAT compatible csv format.

Do you have access to a table called TLS221_INPADOC_PRS, and TLS802_LEGAL_EVENT_CODE?

Daigu Academic Services & Data Stewardship
http://www.daigu.nl/

hotfefone

Re: Legal status and PATSTAT Online

Post by hotfefone » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:13 pm

Thanks for your reply!
I missed table tls221.
So I have both tls221 and tls802.
I think I can handle the process.
Thank you very much!