method to extract CPC definition code ?

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

Bruno

method to extract CPC definition code ?

Post by Bruno » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:24 pm

Dear OPS,

I would like to know if it exists a method to extract full definition (like method PATH in WIPO IPC) when you search un code with all digits ?

i.e: if you search A63C10/106
when you request this code with OPS API console, we have only the segment definition, and I don't know how can I get the parent code to construct the full definition (i'm sorry i don't know if i'm clear...)

A63C10/106 -> to the front and back of the shoe

but I need to get the definition of
A63C10/10 -> A63C10/02 -> A63C10/00 -> A63C -> A63 -> A
to create the full definition.

In the XML answer of A63C10/106, there is no information concerning who is its father (direct father), just the level.

Can you help me please ?

Regards,
Bruno

EPO / OPS Support

Re: method to extract CPC definition code ?

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:03 am

Capture_CPC.PNG
Capture_CPC.PNG (80.18 KiB) Viewed 2204 times
Hi,
Are looking for this kind of requests?

http://ops.epo.org/rest-services/classi ... &ancestors

Our Developers console offers possibility to add navigation, ancestors or depth criteria (se pic) to your search and how/when to use all three of them is best described in OPS documentation. If you need something else as what is available in the documentation then we don't have it, sorry.

Regards,
OPS documentation

Bruno

Re: method to extract CPC definition code ?

Post by Bruno » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:23 am

oh !!! i'm sorry, yes this is the solution !!!

Thanks a lot !!!!!