Missing abstract for US documents

Here you can post your opinions, ask questions and share experiences on the PATSTAT product line. Please always indicate the PATSTAT edition (e.g. 2015 Autumn Edition) and the database (e.g. PATSTAT Online, MySQL, MS SQL Server, ...) you are using.

leonardo.dorian

Missing abstract for US documents

Post by leonardo.dorian » Thu May 20, 2021 10:46 am

Hi,

i don't know if this is the right place to ask for support for these kind of issues, sorry if i'm in the wrong place.

i was looking for the abstract for US2017244120A1 in the tls203_appln_abstr (appln_id 482882041). It was missing in the previous versions of PATSTAT and is currently missing in the 2021 spring release too, but i know for a fact that is present on the document and is readable through espacenet. Since the document is pretty recent at first i thought there was an error during the bulk data import in my database, but it looks like the document is missing in the downloaded archives. Is there any known issues or is just a unfortunate case?

EPO / PATSTAT Support

Re: Missing abstract for US documents

Post by EPO / PATSTAT Support » Thu May 20, 2021 6:06 pm

Hello Leonardo,
thank you for pointing out the missing data. We have added it, but it will of course take until the next PATSTAT release before it comes available.
At this link you can find an overview on coverage and missing data:
mapping-data-completeness-of-patstat-gl ... ls231-7984
You can see that every year there are a couple of thousand US applications for which there is no abstract data available.
Geert Boedt
PATSTAT Support Team
EPO - Vienna
patstat @ epo.org