Missing abstract in OPS

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

jdargaud

Missing abstract in OPS

Post by jdargaud » Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:26 pm

Hi,

I am downloading on a weekly basis abstracts from OPS webservices.
For some weeks now, I can see that a large majority of the application published do not have an abstract in the exchange document.
The abstract is usually found with the following family members.
However, when checking on the register, and especially the documents as filled, one can see an abstract document. Moreover, the publication gazette found that data somewhere... The publication-server also has the abstract content.
Do we have a similar break down as last year due to EPO's closure on week52, or is that a new issue?

For reference, please look at EP4113659. I usually use the Family Retrieval Service with Biblio. The answer is 200 OK, but the first family member (the EP document) does not contain the abstract.

Thanks in advance for your replies

EPO / OPS Support

Re: Missing abstract in OPS

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:16 pm

Thank you for pointing that to us. I already requested department in charge to have a look and comment. Are you noticing only EP data with missing abstract or others as well? Please be so kind and send me few more numbers to patentdata@epo.org if you notice similar on other non EP data.

Thank you in advance

Vesna for OPS support

jdargaud

Re: Missing abstract in OPS

Post by jdargaud » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:04 am

Thank you for your prompt reply.
Unfortunately, I only look for EP applications, and can't forward you with any exemples on non EP application.
Please note however that whenever an EP application that has "siblings" (family members), the abstract can be found from said family members in the OPS web service. With the risk that it might not be the exact one...