Missing claims and description data on case

Here you can post your opinions, ask questions and share information regarding the following services:
European Publication Server (EPO's official publication platform), EP Bulletin search and EP full-text search (Searching procedural data and the full text of EP A and B documents via the "Patent information services for experts" user interface).

Rcoup

Missing claims and description data on case

Post by Rcoup » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:52 am

Hi everyone,

I'm using the API for retrieving fulltext, description, claims and images on specific case.
Usually everything work fine and every single data I'm looking for exist but in some cases it's missing the fulltext, description and claims data but the images data are available.

For instance, I'm looking information for a case at first with number EP3269175.A1 and if one of description or claims or images is empty I try with antoher publication number, in this case WO2016141560.A1. For both of those number images data are available but not description and claims with the API. It seems strange to me because the WO publication is in 2016.
Those informations are maybe not available yet? If yes, why? And if they are available, could you indicate to me where and how I can found them?

PS: an example of the url I use to connect to the webservice: http://ops.epo.org/3.2/rest-services/pu ... .A1/claims

Thanks in advance for your clarification.

Best regards.

EPO / OPS Support

Re: Missing claims and description data on case

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:14 pm

Hi,

There should indeed be claims/description for WO publication available via OPS. I have reported that back to colleagues and they will fix that asap.

EP A in this case would not have any claims/description in OPS because we don't re-publish such WO as EP due to Article 153/3 EPC:
"The international publication of a Euro-PCT application in an official language of the European Patent Office shall take the place of the publication of the European patent application and shall be mentioned in the European Patent Bulletin."

For future OPS related threads please use OPS forum.

Regards,
Vesna for OPS support