Missing claims, description in EP B1 patent

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

larsv

Missing claims, description in EP B1 patent

Post by larsv » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:12 am

Hi,

I have been using OPS to obtain register, claims, and description data of granted EP patents (B1) for several months. But now I have encountered a patent (EP3453796), where I can get the register data, but not the claims and description of the B1 document.

The following query returns 404 Not Found:

Code: Select all

https://ops.epo.org/3.2/rest-services/published-data/publication/epodoc/claims
If I change the query to A1 I am able to retrieve the claims document, but this is not what I am looking for.

I searched the forum to figure out if the error was on my end, but I only found this related post - could it be that the B1 document is not yet in the database, similar to that forum post?

Thank you for the assistance,
Lars

EPO / OPS Support

Re: Missing claims, description in EP B1 patent

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:59 am

Hi,

As you can see in Announcement section above, the Office was closed last week and that EP B1 was only published on 29.12 so it will now take some time to upload all missing data to all tools and services.

We have such situation every end of the year, this is why we are informing users about office closure via this forum.

Regards,
Vesna for OPS support