Missing Nuts-3 regions of inventors

Here you can post your opinions, ask questions and share experiences on the PATSTAT product line. Please always indicate the PATSTAT edition (e.g. 2015 Autumn Edition) and the database (e.g. PATSTAT Online, MySQL, MS SQL Server, ...) you are using.

Hannover student

Missing Nuts-3 regions of inventors

Post by Hannover student » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:50 pm

Using Patstat Online 2019 Autumn Edition

Dear fellow Patstat Online-users,

for my master thesis I am currently using a small sample of patent data in order to investigate cooperations between inventors. For this matter, I need the Nuts-3 region of each inventor for a specific patent. Sadly, there are some missing Nuts-3 regions for some inventors. Is there any way to resolve this problem?

Best regards,

Hannover student

Code: Select all

SELECT DISTINCT tls201_appln.appln_id,appln_auth,appln_nr, applt_seq_nr, invt_seq_nr,appln_kind,appln_filing_date,earliest_filing_date,person_name,person_address,person_ctry_code,nuts
FROM tls201_appln
join tls207_pers_appln on tls201_appln.appln_id = tls207_pers_appln.appln_id
join tls206_person on tls207_pers_appln.person_id = tls206_person.person_id
where  person_ctry_code = 'DE' and appln_auth = 'ep' and earliest_filing_year = 2020 
group by tls201_appln.appln_id,appln_auth,appln_nr,applt_seq_nr,invt_seq_nr,appln_kind,appln_filing_date,earliest_filing_date,person_name,person_address,person_ctry_code,nuts
order by tls201_appln.earliest_filing_date