Missing X-Throttling-Control header

This space is made available to users of Open Patent Services (OPS) web-service and now also to users of EPO’s bulk data subscription products such as 14. EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB), 14.11 EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC), 14.12 EP full text data, 14.1 EP bibliographic data (EBD)and more.

Users can ask each other questions, exchange experiences and solutions, post ideas. The moderator will use this space to announce changes or other relevant information.

pierreb

Missing X-Throttling-Control header

Post by pierreb » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:23 am

Dears,

we observe that teh X-Throttling-Control is no more provided in the responses headers.

This doesn't seems documented as an API change.

Does anyone know if the instantaneous rate-limiting was removed or the header syntax changed ?

thank you,
Amir & Pierre

EPO / OPS Support

Re: Missing X-Throttling-Control header

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:54 am

Hi,

We would not intentionally remove any such thing. Can you send me an example of one such header? Please send it via email so that I can investigate further. In the email, please add your OPS user name as well.

Thank you in advance,
OPS support
Attachments
header.JPG
Our developer portal does show throttling values.
header.JPG (64.84 KiB) Viewed 2093 times

pierreb

Post by pierreb » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:51 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your quick request.
I think that i understood when i miss this field :
- When i send query1 for the first time : X-Throttling field is available.
- When i send the same query when Age(header parameters) is set and Age<maxAge : X-throttling field is not available.

Amir & Pierre

EPO / OPS Support

Post by EPO / OPS Support » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:55 am

Hi,

Here is some information about missing X-throttling header in some responses:

Some responses are delivered from Cache before the request hits the application server (when it is the same server that dealt with the previous response). Caches do not retain the HTTP headers produced with the response and so the cache hit is delivered without an HTTP header.

Under these circumstances, the client code should assume that the request had no impact on the traffic throttling metrics.

Kind regards,
OPS support,